View Single Post
Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,172 hugs
given
Default Jan 01, 2024 at 05:41 PM

I greatly enjoyed the walk by the Bay. My new Samsung watch auto-recorded 7500 steps, 3.41 miles, 1 h 17 mins duration. Average speed 2.6 mph: we had a leisurely walk, talking. It was utterly beautiful. We saw silvery dew on the grass and Canadian geese swimming in the Bay. Then we came home and my friend ate leftovers from the dinner I had prepared yesterday, except that I made fresh lamb chops for us. She really liked all the food and tool leftover lamb home with her. There was plenty of food. I was so glad. My late mother could not and would not cook and ever since I was little, I have wanted to be different. And the funny thing, it never grows old on me. I never get tired of being complimented on my cooking. I always keep learning new cooking methods and inventing new recipes or modifying existing recipes to make them my own. I am 53 years old but that little girl who wanted to teach herself how to be a good cook lives on in me. The relatives (they are distant relatives who are also neighbors) who visited yesterday night said "this woman can cook" and "this apartment smells so good" and I was so pleased. Unlike cooking which I started to learn as a child, keeping my place clean and smelling nice is something I only learned recently so it was plentifully satisfying to hear compliments on the upkeep of my place. But I am digressing.

I use a Mac. And I am not techie. But I have techie friends. Super techie, actually. Do you know if it is possible to convert a file for Windows into a file for Mac if I ask my friends?

My machine is a BiPAP. Before, I had had a CPAP. Then my new doctor after a new sleep study said that a BiPAP would be better for me. The old CPAP machine was a bluetooth machine. the new BiPAP machine has an SD card. I gave my old machine to someone I know in London who learned about his (possible, likely) apnea thanks to me and who wanted immediate treatment without waiting to go through the wait with the NHS. I recommended that he still get in line to get a proper sleep study through the NHS, but he does not seem to listen to me and I am not going to spend my time trying to convince him. So that machine is gone.

Yes, there is an insurance company, a DME supplier, all that kind of stuff.

Anyway, I am thankful for MSF for having e-met you @SquarePegGuy. And this morning I was up, again, on my own, a few minutes before the alarm went off at 7AM. I checked my phone, took morning meds, went through the dental care routine (flossing, tongue scraping, brushing, then waiting 30 minutes before putting anything in the mouth), cleaned up in the kitchen and dining area after yesterday's feast, had coffee, had my favorite sheep's milk yogurt for breakfast with fresh blueberries, took my morning vitamins and supplements (lutein, D3 and iron that I take due to the fact that I am a regular blood donor), put on sunscreen, got dressed, and cleared the passenger seat of my car in order to be able to transport my friend to the park by the Bay. I was ready when she arrived. I so often do not have time to put on sunscreen but today I had time for everything. All thanks to going to bed consistently. And this past night I did not have to eat or drink during the night. Hope this continues as a positive trend.

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg
Lybalvi 5 mg as a PRN

Gabapentin 1200 mg, Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity

Suspected narcolepsy

Treated with Ritalin 5mg
Tart Cherry Jam is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, unaluna