View Single Post
Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,205 hugs
given
Default Jan 02, 2024 at 12:19 AM

I upped the Geodon from 20 mg to 40 mg. Not that anything was wrong on 20 mg but it just seemed to me that 20 mg could not possibly work because it was so little and that sooner or later there would be a crisis. Now, at 40 mg, I feel that it is a legit dose. Not high (the FDA approved max is 160 mg), but legit. Something.

I had this inclination to try upping to 40 mg thinking that why initially 40 mg had made me unable to sleep at night, I might have adjusted and sure enough, I had adjusted and 40 mg worked just fine when I retried. I made this change during the holiday break when my pdoc was off for 2+ weeks and I have just written him an email wishing him a Happy New Year and informing him of the change; I got an autoresponder that he is still on break but I am sure he will read my email later this week, and in any event I will see him on Saturday for our weekly session.

The switch from Latuda to its elder cousin Geodon was nothing short of amazing in terms of how alive I am. No going back to Latuda for me. It is quite surprising that similar medications affect one so differently. Just goes to show how idiosyncratic all this stuff is.

I have some other issues including a return of abnormal hunger for which I restarted Topamax prescribed by my weight loss physician assistant. Sure enough, I am already forgetting words! Next day, immediately upon restarting Topamax, I forgot a word. And since then there have been more instances. Oh well. I could not live with the painful hunger and I can live with an occasional vocabulary lapse, right?

In terms of sleep, I am trying to go to bed at 10PM, get up at 7AM, and not take naps. I hope I will be able to keep it up.

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg
Lybalvi 5 mg as a PRN

Gabapentin 1200 mg, Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity

Suspected narcolepsy

Treated with Ritalin 5mg
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
raspberrytorte