Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
283 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 03, 2024 at 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
You can’t change how other people do things. But you also don’t need anyone’s permission to call a plumber.

I never ask my husband to call anyone. Whoever notices the issue first mentions it to the other person so we are on the same page and schedules whatever maintenance we need. We do need to consult with each other to make sure one of us is home as we both work.

But you don’t work. You don’t even need to ask him to be home. Now I understand that maybe you feel you can’t call a plumber because you don’t have your own money but you are married and have been with this man for 30 years! My sister in law doesn’t work. She doesn’t ask my brothers permission to call maintenance. That’s not how marriage works

When plumber arrives, write him a check. From joint account. You seem to live like a captive or a child or a woman in medieval times.

If you are afraid of him, what’s he going to do? Yell? Let him yell. If he gets violent, waves his gun like he did before, call the police. Let law enforcement interfere
Things aren’t as easy as that. I have no access to the checkbook. He has threatened to take my name off the joint account numerous times. Did you forget about that?

There isn’t much that I can do. He is financially controlling.

I need money to pay the plumber obviously. I can pay the plumber with my last check & use some of the weekly cash that I get too.

I’m not a child, but I am being financially abused. Do you understand that now?