Community Support Team
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2001
178 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Lightbulb Jan 03, 2024 at 07:12 AM

From a colleague of mine, Dr. Linda Sapadin:

Time to let go of those tired old resolutions that don't work. Time to make new ones that you’ll keep and that’ll keep you smiling.

What kinds of resolutions are those? Here are ten examples. Go ahead, swipe a bunch of them for your personal use.

1. I will remind myself that, despite my age, I’m still a work in progress.

2. I will take pride in making my share of mistakes for it’ll remind me that I’m not afraid to try new activities or take on new pursuits.

3. I’ll remember to switch my negative narrative, “I can’t,” to a positive one, “One thing I can do is …”.

4. I’ll believe that I’m “good enough.” I’m not perfect, nor do I need to be. Hence, I’ll believe I’m worthy of love and respect from myself as well as others.

5. I’ll wake up each morning and remind myself of all the things I have to be grateful for.

6. When I feel vulnerable or lost, I’ll seek understanding from sympathetic friends rather than numbing myself with drugs, food, or drink.

7. Rather than constantly comparing myself to others and noticing how I fall short, I’ll appreciate who I am and what I’ve accomplished.

8. Though there is no quick way through life’s worst moments, I’ll remind myself that those moments won’t last forever, and I won’t always feel so desperate.

9. I’ll attempt to respond to criticism with grace, generosity, and goodwill as I learn how others perceive me and my actions.

10. I’ll scale back on activities I believe I must do to make time for enjoying myself and being with those I enjoy.

Hugs from:
FloatThruThis, LadyShadow, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
felineangel, Ford Puma, Fuzzybear, LadyShadow, lizardlady, mar dhea, Nammu, rechu, Travelinglady, unaluna