jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default Jan 04, 2024 at 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
Hi Jesyka I know I’ve recommended this book before to you but in case you need a reminder I really do think you’d benefit from “Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents: How to Heal
from Distant, Rejecting or Self Involved Parents” by Lindsay C Gibson. Anyhow there may be others reading this who would benefit from also reading this book. It’s available from libraries and also included on Spotify premium at the moment.

Importantly this book gives guidance with how to handle such parents, both the legacy they’ve left you with and in the present moment. To paraphrase, broadly speaking the aim is to observe them but not become enmeshed in any behaviour they’ve tried to pull you into. It’s about discovering your true self. You can work on no longer reacting emotionally to their behaviour.

I wish you well on your journey to heal from this dysfunction- it’s a good start to recognise the situation for what it is.
Thanks for suggesting that book again. I think that I have read it before.

I’ll read it again. Honestly, I’ll never heal from the pain & the trauma they caused me.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated