View Single Post
Revenge Tour

Member Since Apr 2023
87 hugs
given
Default Jan 05, 2024 at 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motts View Post
So, it’s a very one-sided relationship that I deluded myself into thinking was 2 sided. Sometimes it seems two-sided but I guess it’s not? Otherwise, she’d start calling me on her own volition, to ask how I’m doing or ask me to hang out. She only used to call me when she needed something (like help her repair her friendship or be the sober driver for her husband’s drunkard friend). Maybe I did those things because of my toxic people pleasing and codependency. Because I thought I was proving my worth to her, to her husband. But I learned that I can’t prove my worth to them…or to anyone. If someone thinks I’m unworthy, nothing I do will convince them to change their mind. That’s a hard pill to swallow. I’m embarassed for wasitng so much time. I’m 53 now. What do I do with myself?
That's easy. Go out and live your life. Life is too short to second-guess yourself and trying to enhance relationships that clearly aren't there. You'll see how much time you wasted and can make better decisions about what to do with that time.
Revenge Tour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote