Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2019
11.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 05, 2024 at 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthTomato View Post
You sound like you're dealing with the same thing as me. I've had a lot of failed friendships. I figured out over the last year that I have both Autism and ADHD. I realized this at 41.

I notice now that if I try to open myself up and "put myself out there," I feel like I trigger some PTSD. I get very anxious and filled with so much despair that I tend to just withdrawal again.
Thanks for sharing your experience with me, did you get an official diagnosis do you mind me asking?

Yes it is stressful for me too to put myself out there, yet I’ve pushed through a few times, I don’t seem as resilient or brave these days however.

The most recent friend who dropped away, I’ve just let it go, I did stop interacting with her on social media, I didn’t unfriend or anything but I did unfollow so I don’t get her posts in my feed anymore. Tbh she did post a lot about everything she did, I’d noticed that, and that isn’t my way at all. So maybe we were fundamentally more different than I realised. I still think she’s a nice person just maybe we weren’t meant to be friends other than very casual acquaintances.
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote