Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 05, 2024 at 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motts View Post
Wow. You are lucky that you’re included on a family group text. How do you respond? Why is your dad so worshipped? Is he the hero role in your family? How does that even happen - friends and neighbors join a family group chat? I would love to read your book. You have a lot of great insights.

Everything I read tells me that I was given my role as the family blacksheep. That it serves a function in dysfunctional family systems.
No my dad isn’t worshipped. He’s periodically worshipping random people or distant relatives whom he perceives to be somehow special.

No these people are family, they are my nephew’s in-laws. But they aren’t immediate family so some stuff some people post aren’t for their ears. Uncomfortable. Like he wants to argue with me and my brother or something and includes other people. Sometimes he includes some other people. Random.

I’d not say I am lucky. It’s dysfunction and craziness. How do I respond depends on what’s about. I often don’t respond at all depends on level of insanity of what’s being shared. Most of the time it’s too insane to even explain to people

Last edited by divine1966; Jan 05, 2024 at 07:00 PM..
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43372, Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
Molinit