Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
4,842 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 05, 2024 at 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
He’s one devoted uncle. If my husband wanted to go to his nephews games, I’d maybe go sometimes but no way no how it would be a regular occurrence. School games are excruciatingly boring. You can’t pay me to attend. I don’t believe you should feel guilty if you aren’t attending all or in fact any games. I wouldn’t.

Being around ex is uncomfortable. No one would enjoy it. Don’t blame you for feeling weird

Good idea finding your own activities in the area. Good plan. Meetup. Gym. Hobby group. You definitely need your own circle

Is he thinking of filing for divorce? He doesn’t have to discuss it with her. He could just file. It’s a lot of work but I’d prefer divorce being finalized if possible
Thanks for the reassurance about the games (and for normalizing my awkward feelings around his ex). I find some of the games very loud and therefore anxiety producing.

Yeah, he is a devoted uncle! I feel like he doesn't realize how awesome it is. He's quite humble in a natural way.

He has hired a divorce lawyer and is in the process of working out a settlement / offer. I really do not know the language around it. It seems like it's more complicated than just filing for divorce. She won't even talk to him about it. I just know he may owe her $$, bc he makes more, and they were together a long time, but I feel he is doing the right thing.

Hugs from:
Nammu