jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default Jan 06, 2024 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
Really sorry you’re going through this. It sounds like your med isn’t working for you, maybe go back to your Dr and talk about this. As for your therapist dumping you, what happened there? Do you want to tell us more about that?

You mentioned being needy with friends, I struggle also with feeling that way, someone (a friend) told me I wasn’t needy but rather I had needs. It might be this way with you too. It almost certainly has its roots in your upbringing, it sounds like your emotional needs weren’t met growing up.
My last therapist was an inexperienced student therapist. She felt like I wasn’t making progress fast enough in only a few months. I suspected she never liked me that much & was looking for a reason to get rid of me too. She was never as friendly as the ladt few student therapists were.

She was all business with me. As for being needy, I think that almost everyone I know have enough problems to deal with, so they’d rather not deal with someone else’s problems too.

Also, most people I know tend to feal with their own problems. One of my friends doesn’t like to bother other people, so she probably expects other people to keep things to themselves most of the time too.

Most people have that attitude it seems like. Adults are expected to suck it up & not complain to much about anything.

My emotional needs weren’t met growing up. They’re still barely being met most of the time.

It seems like I get dismissed & told that I’m to ‘sensitive’ or something like tyat everytime I try to talk about my problems & how I feel about things.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote