View Single Post
Nammu
Crone

Member Since May 2010
Location: Some where between my inner mind and the solar system.
53.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 07, 2024 at 02:42 PM

I’m 65. Because of financial reasons I had to move into a low income hi rise apartment. It turned out to be wonderful. I met a bunch of great people here. They are not deep friends. It’s still at the acquaintance level but I do a lot with them. I was going to a gym, mostly for aquatic stuff but sort of stopped since they changed the hours to very early morning. I also go to the senior center. But I do see people here that don’t circulate and stay in their apartment and isolate.

I would like to work but my back makes that impossible. I used to volunteer, most of my life I’ve volunteered but my back! But maybe a part time job or volunteering somewhere would help? A senior center? You sound isolated and lonely.

Don’t know what to tell you about lack of family. That’s hard. I just lost mum last year. But I have my sisters, daughter and her family and some cousins I keep in contact with, it helps. It does. The cousins I lost contact with but we grew up close, so it’s a case of getting to know each other again.

Don’t know if any of this rambling is helpful. But I hope so.

Nammu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Tart Cherry Jam, Travelinglady, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, unaluna