Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Sep 2010
23.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 08, 2024 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique67 View Post
I'm 65 and have chronic pain in my knees, upper thighs, hips and back. I'm basically just waiting to "go home". I have one very close friend. I live in a nursing home and I still isolate. I never knew how to make friends. I'm not happy, I wish I still lived in my apartment, although living here is better for my mental health. I wish I could still ride my bike but this is a locked down home and I need permission to go anywhere with my friend.

I'm overwhelmed by my circumstances and I miss my freedom. I don't like getting old because of the pain and my circumstances. Hang in there, Will, there are a lot of lost older people and we all feel similarly to you.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
I can relate to you, too. Anglique, and of course to you, too, Will. I will be 69 later this month. Everything hurts and, of course, barring back surgery, every part of my body will continue to conk out. It's so true that aging is not "for sissies."

I take lots of meds and that affects my mental sharpness, as well as just getting older. My memory is poor.

I am envious of old people who are healthy and without pain. I do the best I can and try to enjoy what I can --having projects and ministries. I'm not ready die yet. I am working on a "bucket list" of finishing some books, traveling, and so on.

I am currently distressed because I am a shoe hound and as of the last few days, I can no longer wear most of my great shoes. My right-foot bunion is growing and my ankles are swelling more and more. Sigh. At least I am having fun buying new "wide" shoes! Let's seek fun where we can, seek positive experiences--if only through TV and books, etc. And come here to complain together and share the good. Thanks for your post, will.
Travelinglady is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Nammu, Tart Cherry Jam, will19

Thanks for this!
Angelique67, will19