View Single Post
Molinit
Grand Member

Member Since Nov 2015
86 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 10, 2024 at 06:47 AM

Honestly, at this point it sounds like it's not a good fit and I would just continue working and applying for other positions. I think challenging them on dates or pushing back (even asking them to email you and CC the other attorney) is going to be seen in their heads under the topic of "accountability" and dismissed by them. It even could hasten whatever their ultimate goal might be.

I'm fortunate that my job is metrics-based and pretty much all recorded (what I do on screen and during a phone call) so there is always a record of what I did to back me up. My reviews are based around that data also - for example one of my "things" to work on is getting better scores on how I approach and construct a case - my cases are complaint-related.

I think for those of us (and I do say "us" because I fit here) who are never the cool kids in class do MUCH better in positions where our performance is judged on real data and not these social/work interactions with eccentric people who always seem to be in charge.

I refer to the cool kids because work reminds me so much of high school where there were cool kids and then everybody else (me). I was never in the cool group and very much remained on the sidelines. Any attempt I made to become a cool kid was rejected/rebuffed. It used to bother me a lot but I'm 61 now and it stopped bothering me a few years ago.

It also helps (?) that I've had health things that took priority over how well I'm doing at work and I no longer care so much about career climbing and doing better financially. First the cancer, then at Thanksgiving I fell off a stepladder and broke my leg so since then I've just been going to the doctor and I'm on a walker for at least another month, so I'm not going out much. It's been a struggle to keep from being depressed and my attitude toward work now is I'm glad I can work from home during times like this and I collect my pay and do as good a job as I can do.

Last edited by Molinit; Jan 10, 2024 at 07:02 AM..
Molinit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote