View Single Post
AceRimmer

Member Since Jun 2015
2 hugs
given
Default Jan 10, 2024 at 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motts View Post
Thank you for your thoughts. I struggle to have a "live and let live" attitude because while I know I can't control anyone other than myself, I don't like it when people take advantage of their workplace by coming in sick. As a former teacher, I was around sick students and staff all the time. Sure, it builds up immunity, but it also spreads disease. That's how Covid-19 SPREAD. Ahem.

If you are sick STAY HOME. I don't need her virus. She needs to respect everyone here at the office and stay home. It's disrespectful. It's lazy. It's selfish. to show up to the workplace sick.

Doesn't matter what type of society we live in. It's about respect for me, at the end of the day. If you make your entire office sick, your business can suffer in many ways, especially financially, deadlines get pushed back on projects, meetings get rescheduled that can lose a customer, effect a sale.

There is no common sense reason to come to work sick. Period.
I think it's the opposite. If everyone who gets a sniffle calls in sick there aren't enough people at work and things get delayed. Most people can work effectively with a cold. It's a company decision on the policy. Just go with the flow.