View Single Post
lizardlady
Legendary

Member Since Nov 2002
7,531 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 12, 2024 at 03:27 PM

Baby Girl and I are back home. She seems okay. Poor thing had the hair shaved off most of her ear. She looks a bit odd.

I was a bit nervous when I got a call from the vet's office about 9. Seemed awfully soon. I was sure it meant something was wrong. Silly me. The tech was calling to say she was out of surgery and doing well. Said she could go home in about 3 hours.

I was not far from the office at that point. It would take an hour to get hour, then another hour to get back. I decided to wander around some stores rather than go home.

As I'm wandering around Big Lots they call from the vet's office again. So of course I'm freaking out again when I answer the phone. The tech tells me Baby Girl is wide awake and can go home now if I want to come get her. Driving to the office I figured out she must have woken up and started screaming. This girl has a hefty set of lungs. When I say she screams I mean she
SCREAMS!!!

Turns out that was exactly what happened. I could hear her when I opened the front door. The tech was looking a bit frazzled when she came to talk about the discharge plan. The entire drive home she (Miette) wanted me to pet her. Actually, what she really wanted was out of the carrier and to be cuddled. If I didn't pay attention to her she screamed.

Part of the discharge plan was that she could have "a little bit" of food when she got home. Instead she tore into the bag of food I brought home and went to town.

So... surgery went well. We are both happy to be home. Im relieved the surgery went well.. I'm taking a nap after I post this. The vet biopsied both growths and sent them to the lab for testing. Should get the results back in a week or so.
lizardlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
possum220, rechu, Travelinglady, unaluna

Thanks for this!
possum220, rechu, unaluna