View Single Post
lizardlady
Legendary

Member Since Nov 2002
7,523 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Jan 14, 2024 at 04:51 PM

It seems the animals here are taking turns being sick. This has been going on for months. My credit card tries to hide now when I try to take it out of my wallet. My emotions are even more drained than my bank account.

First it was Beeg with his third tumor and dying.
Hazel had to have surgery to remove a couple of growths. Then she hurt her ACL with the possibility of surgery in the future.

The cats caught an upper respiratory infection and passed it around. Which in turn set off Mikey's asthma.

Miette had to have surgery to remove a mast cell tumor and another unknown growth.

This morning when I went out to feed the horses Kieren was standing around acting mopey. Checked him out, but couldn't find anything obvious. He did not want breakfast. That lead me to wonder about colic. Walked him around the pasture a couple of times. He seemed less mopey so I put him in the yard where I can keep an eye on him. Set his breakfast where he could reach it. Put his waterproof blanket on him because the temp was dropping and it started to rain. He picked at his breakfast. When I peeked at him a few minutes ago he was grazing a bit.

I'm stumped. Not wanting to eat makes me think colic, but he doesn't have any other signs of colic. The new vet I started using for the horses (previous vet passed away) does not have an emergency number. Yeah, I know wtf???

Am going to just keep an eye on Kieran overnight. If he is still acting odd in the morning I'll call the vet. I'm just worn out by all of it.
lizardlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
CANDC, eskielover, FloatThruThis, Nammu, unaluna

Thanks for this!
FloatThruThis