View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 15, 2024 at 11:42 AM

Oh, I understand the stress. Went through it from Aug 2018 (when Leo was diagnosed with lung cancer, 3 more of my eskie dogs & my horse) thru Nov 2022. Then my daughters doggie had heart failure & of course mom helped with those vet bills over what her insurance covered. I was so totally exhausted & needed a total break which lasted only 2 months. Not long enough but couldn't say no to Sophie.

No longer on the never ending sick critters but Cote runs a challenge on my energy but that is so much less stressful than "sick".

Izzy (horse) had mild colic right after I moved her over & up the steep driveway to the neighbors farm in the really cold winter. Gave her liquid banamine & some corn oil they had at the barn. Walked her around & around inside the cold barn. Took awhile but we finally had poop & she settled down after that. Knew when she didn't eat the carrots at first something was wrong. Never thought seeing a pile of horse poop would be such a relief. The whole 2 years I had her with me was just one sick after another. Exhausting physically & emotionally

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
lizardlady, Nammu

Thanks for this!
lizardlady