Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,643 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 16, 2024 at 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinmama831 View Post
I think the only reason we really are together anymore is that I am home & child care. He is the money maker and likes to make point of it. Im not sure what bringing me down does for him but man he makes sure of it... i dont have any finances. We own a home together, have grade age kids, a cat (whom he hates, he makes a point shes my animal) and chickens. Telling me i dont do enough doesnt motivate me to do more, it makes me want to crawl in a hole. Guess first part is to not connect myself to the situation, just keep going. I know he wont change so its leave the only life ive known or learn how to "deal with it".
True - he will not change, unless he sees the need to change, and that must come from him, not you.

Sounds like he likes to feel better about himself by putting you down and by negatively influencing how you feel about yourself. Tell yourself that all he says about you isn't true - validate the opposite for yourself. Then plan your exit strategy. Can you move in with family until you get back on your feet financially?

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote