Member Since May 2012
9,569 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 16, 2024 at 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
You definitely made the right decision
@divine1966 thanks so much, you have always been so supportive of me and the things that have been going on in my life. I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post
Definitely the right decision. Filing for divorce is hard with so many unknowns & the court system but when it is over it is a sigh of relief.

My now ex lived 2100 miles away from where I moved & filed. He never even responded to my lawyer. They had to send out another letter from another lawyer (required by my state) & never responded to that. The judge gave me everything I own here & was going to try to rule on things that were joint property there but there was no jurisdiction there & no way to enforce a rulling from that far away. He was in contempt of court in a rulling made in his own state & it would have cost me too much to deal with it. Sometimes just getting out of the marriage is the most important thing when there are no kids involved
@eskielover - sounds like things really worked in your favor in regard to your divorce, I hope and pray my situation will go smoothly as well. I think the hardest part for me is the acceptance of the circumstances. I am holding up well though, looking into to the cost of some lawyers and navigating through the process. But I am fortunate that no kids were involved and like you said getting out is the most important thing. Thanks so much for all your support

Hugs from:
eskielover