felineangel
Account Suspended

Member Since Jul 2023
529 hugs
given
Default Jan 16, 2024 at 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtleyWilkins View Post
Also remember that people use the ignore function for various reasons. It isn’t always about them rejecting you. It might be that they are perhaps protecting themselves from being triggered by something. It can simply be a matter of self-care on their part. It doesn’t mean you’ve done anything wrong.
Last time I saw the message, from what I remember, it was accusing, like "YOU are being ignored so YOU are a bad person" etc etc, it doesnt sit right with me when a sentence starts with YOU cause tbh it sounds accusing, idk if i'm over reacting over sentences starting with "you"

Cause I can't see the difference between accusing and non-accusing when it begins with YOU

for example:

"YOU are a mad axe murderer" reads no different to me than "YOU are being ignored by this person" cause it starts with you so its basically accusing me

i think thats stems back from a family member yelling at me saying "your a hoe" after i got sexually abused by a driving instructor, and instead of being like "he is responsible for his actions" even the family who wasnt there was like "maybe you'll feel better if you have a female instructor" which again, even now it feels like that abuse was getting put on me as being my fault

And when I say hoe, I don't mean the spade's friend in the garden shed

Hugs from:
mar dhea, nonightowl, rewin, TishaBuv, unaluna

Thanks for this!
nonightowl