View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Jan 16, 2024 at 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Most certainly you shouldn’t tell your bosses anything about this person. It’s entirely her business what and if she wants to reveal to her superiors

I see no reason to treat her any differently. You could make choices how much time you want to spend with her outside of work but at work it shouldn’t really matter what mental or physical illnesses she has. I see no reason to be afraid of her.

It’s entirely possible she knows about FMLA. I am not sure why would she need to mention it to you? You mean discussing with you or her bosses? That’s not something people even talk about, not because it’s a secret but because it’s not that interesting to talk about.

I don’t know if she made it up and why. I don’t see any benefit in her telling people she had psychotic break if she really didn’t. What would be the point?
I agree. I am not going to mention it to my bosses, since it is her business. However, I think it is reasonable for me to have some fear because I have never worked with someone before who suffers from psychosis.

For anyone to expect me to not have any fear, I feel like, is discriminatory against me. That's projection and its unfair to me. I've never been in this situation before. I feel the way that I feel, and I shouldn't be labeled as a horrible person.

There are two sides to this situation and my side is just as valid as her side. I posted for advice because I am (I think) a decent person and I just want this to be a successful situation for her and I as coworkers. But I know nothing about bipolar disorder let alone, bipolar disorder with psychotic features.

I regret posting now because I already feel like I'm being labeled discriminatory and that's not true at all.

@Nammu I don't appreciate you labeling me the way that you have. This is a new situation for me, and I deserve to be treated with respect too.

Hugs from:
WovenGalaxy