divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 17, 2024 at 05:26 AM

Fear of unknown is not uncommon.

I do understand that you’d think carefully if you want to make commitment/marry someone with whatever disorders and that’s why it’s recommended to disclose early when dating as to give people fair choice.

But simply working in the same room with should not be a problem as it’s not a private relationship.

I worked with people with every kind of disorder and those are the ones I knew about, I am sure there were people who I didn’t know about. No one has to disclose that. So it’s entirely possible you’ve met others and also worked with, but you just didn’t know. This lady decided to disclose but usually people wouldn’t.

I am sure you meant no disrespect or wanted to discriminate but I think people might be taken aback as it’s a mental health forum and many have the same disorders, so it might be a bit sensitive for people to read that you are afraid of simply being in the same room with a mentally ill person. That might be difficult for some people on mental health forum to read and stomach.

Honestly i think you should continue going about your life and your work day and not change anything about your attitude towards the person or even give it much thought.

Thanks for this!
lizardlady