View Single Post
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 17, 2024 at 10:16 AM

I am not shaming you. I even acknowledge it’s common to be afraid of unknown.

I just expressed my opinion because you asked for our opinions. My opinion is that you should just go on as normal because what else could you do? With this person at least you know what she has. You always run a risk around people. You’ve no idea what could happen. Sitting there afraid will make your life hard so my suggestion is live your life as normal because what else could you do?

My example of private life was not a flippant comment but again my opinion on the differences between work and private situation. If you know someone has a disorder that makes you uncomfortable you can avoid befriending/dating/inviting over/marrying them. You can’t avoid them at work. You could be at risk but you could be at risk regardless of what you know or don’t know about these people. You just can’t avoid the risk running into danger with people’s behaviors. Plenty of people are out of control/difficult to work with/behave in a strange manner/potentially dangerous and they don’t even have any diagnosis or the one you know about.

I never said fear isn’t possible. If you are afraid, you are afraid. My suggestion is to try not to think about it if you can.

Thanks for this!
lizardlady