View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Jan 17, 2024 at 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I am not shaming you. I even acknowledge it’s common to be afraid of unknown.

I just expressed my opinion because you asked for our opinions. My opinion is that you should just go on as normal because what else could you do? With this person at least you know what she has. You always run a risk around people. You’ve no idea what could happen. Sitting there afraid will make your life hard so my suggestion is live your life as normal because what else could you do?

My example of private life was not a flippant comment but again my opinion on the differences between work and private situation. If you know someone has a disorder that makes you uncomfortable you can avoid befriending/dating/inviting over/marrying them.

You can’t avoid them at work. You could be at risk but you could be at risk regardless of what you know or don’t know about these people. You just can’t avoid the risk running into danger with people’s behaviors.

Plenty of people are out of control/difficult to work with/behave in a strange manner/potentially dangerous and they don’t even have any diagnosis or the one you know about.

I never said fear isn’t possible. If you are afraid, you are afraid. My suggestion is to try not to think about it if you can.
I've reread this post several times. Nowhere do I see any sympathy or empathy towards me from you. Just a lot of deflection and explaining, some shaming towards me and some very opinionated judgment. Why? Because I'm in a new situation that scares me for the potential that could go wrong. So, I reached out to people here in the mental health community who've dealt with psychosis personally themselves, or have interacted with people who have psychosis. My hope was to garner some constructive advice.

Yeah. That's not what I have received here. Just a lot of accusations that I'm discriminating, and that I'm a horrible, awful, terrible person. I'm none of those things. If I were, would I OFFER to carpool my coworker home after work b/c she has no pot to piss in, i.e. no car, and can barely afford the rideshare costs daily? I bought her lunch on MLK day, too. No one forced me. I did it because I'm a nice person.

I'm not avoiding her. I also am not shaming her or gossiping to the office staff about her. I haven't told our attorneys either. Funny how I'm a terrible person because I feel scared about how her disability could impact me if I accidentally trigger her. I barely know this young woman.

Again, I have every right to feel caught off guard about my coworker's disability and I deserve the time it takes to fully process it. Because I intend on keeping my job for as long as I can, until I can find a better paying job.