View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Jan 17, 2024 at 07:53 PM

She just responded to my text message with some serious emotional manipulation, that is the sign of a very insecure person. "I don't want to be an inconvenience to anyone."

This coworker is a complete stranger to me. Who responds that way to a complete stranger who offered you a few rides home?! Not a normal person!

I owe her nothing. I was being kind to her because I wanted to, not because I felt obligated to. So, her response just confirms to me that I did the right thing for myself. I can support her at work but that's where it starts and ends. A simple text of "I understand. Thanks for the rides this week" would have been a better response because it's not manipulative. It just acknowledges the facts.

I will have to keep a close eye on everything at my cubicle desk. If she starts to take papers etc. to retaliate for not giving her a ride home afterwork, I know it's because she is immature and insecure and trying to retaliate and get me fired for missing important papers. I will have to start locking up everything inside my desk and take the key with me. I think I will start doing that tomorrow.