View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Jan 18, 2024 at 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I don’t give people rides unless I know them very well like good friends, very long term co workers etc that’s where I draw the line. I help people with things. But no driving strangers around.

I remember bizarre situation with the housemate.

I doubt she’ll touch things. Or rather hope she won’t. I’d just maintain professional relationship with her and not get into anything else with her. I think she might have poor boundaries with people (too many disclosures that early on) and sucked you right in
You demonstrate healthy boundaries. This week, I did not due to my past interactions with the former bipolar roommate. That year of my life primed my codependent behaviors to become easily triggered around the same circumstances. Only, instead of a roommate locking herself in her bedroom, I have a coworker who "locks" herself at her cubicle.

Yes, I know you're correct. She has very poor boundaries. Yesterday morning, I let her know I would be right back as I was taking my morning break. She asked me where I was going. I shouldn't have told her. But, because of my people pleasing, I told her I was going to get a coffee and a croissant. She said, "I'll go too." So, my boundaries aren't that great either?

I think I'll lose my job in a month. Even if I do good work.