View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 18, 2024 at 10:19 AM

I think I've mentioned that I take 600 mg of Seroquel XR (extended release) and 50 mg Seroquel IR (instant release) at night. I'm assuming you only take the 75 mg Seroquel IR (I assume IR) at night? Certainly Seroquel XR has been far more weight friendly for me than the IR, though not weight neutral. There were times, years back, that I took higher doses of the IR and had to split them between morning and evening. That was the least friendly situation of them all, for me. I attribute that to the rapid and high "spike" (as I call it) of the IR. As if IR pushed me to level 9 of hunger (twice per day), but my XR hunger level only rises to levels 6 to 7.

I get extremely hungry starting 2 hours after my evening medications, which I take with dinner. Obviously partly because of the 600 mg XR, but more so because of that 50 mg IR. However, I'm not that hungry in the morning or daytime, perhaps because I ate a lot at night? Or the medications has already spiked, and were heading downward on the curve? I try to eat lighter meals during those lower appetite times, so I can get away with the higher calorie consumption at night. I'm far from perfect in my late night food choices, but if I include some lower cal ones (low fat popcorn, plain yogurt with fruit, slice bread with cinnamon/sugar), it helps. These past 2 1/2 months I've also increased my physical activity. I've lost 8 lbs (3.6 kg) during this period. More physical activity makes even more easier, and I'm sure increases metabolism. Plus, I get more caught up in activities during the daytime, so don't even think of eating then.

My husband often says that "Sometimes when you think you're hungry, you're actually thirsty." He's right. I drink a lot of liquids during the day, especially water. Also, over the years, I try to make daytime coffee or tea a form of snack. I nurse 1 1/2 cups of coffee for hours in the morning. In the late afternoon I'll have a Lungo or cup of Earl Grey tea with milk and sugar sub. Years back, I found low fat cappuccinos to be filling.

Psych Medications:
* Tegretol XR (carbamazepine ER) 800 mg
* Lamictal (lamotrigine) 150 mg
* Seroquel XR (quetiapine ER) 600 mg

I also take meds for blood pressure, cholesterol, and tachycardia.
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
raspberrytorte

Thanks for this!
raspberrytorte, Tart Cherry Jam