View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 18, 2024 at 04:03 PM

I truly believe that some cats & dogs & horses & all animals that are connected to humans have some level of that connected love feeling. I know that I have had soulmate level of connection with one cat (Gabe) & 2 of my dogs (Leo & now Cote). The other ones I have connected to but not at the same level.

I was with Leo his whole life & he started off with me different than all the other eskies I had bred & kept & he wouldn't leave my side.

Gabe kitty showed up on my farm 6 months after I lost Leo & I seriously DID NOT want a cat but go figure, he picked me to be his mommy & we have a bond & he is so different from any cat I have ever had. He showed a love for me that really connected with my broken heart after losing Leo.

Cote is hillarious. I gate him out of my bedroom cause it is my cats safe haven....so he sleeps right at the gate. In the morning (or anytime) when I have to go to the bathroom, he doesn't just follow me in there, he uses that time to wrap his legs around my neck & snuggle with me. I kiss his head & give him hugs back & he will kiss me back.

It is interesting because only Leo, Gabe & Cote show major concern when I get sick with a bad cough or Leo thought something was really wrong with me when I layed down on the floor to get his older sister out from under my bed.

I know I initially had a wonderful connection with my horse Izzy because when I was treating her strangles illness I hit a spot that hurt her. She slammed me into the pipe rails a couple of times then just froze looking at me. She let me get her lead rope free then came over & nuzzled me to make sure I was ok.

I know it is not just our behaviors toward rhe animals but it is a connection of our personalities that create that kind of live bond that is there with some & not with others.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
felineangel

Thanks for this!
felineangel, lizardlady