View Single Post
speckofdust
Grand Member

Member Since May 2016
296 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 20, 2024 at 02:26 AM

I can't find the original post, but I can attest to the aches and pains causing extra inner turmoil. I have arthritis in my hands to the point where I can no longer open jars without a jar opener, I have a herniated disc in my lower back, etc etc etc... I would blame "old age," but geez, I don't think mid 50's is THAT old these days. I exercise as much as my body will let me. But, I've been dealing with chronic pain since I was 19 years old, so I've almost gotten to where I can "ignore" it most of the day. When I'm down emotionally, it's more difficult to do the mind over matter thing. I just recently got botox injections in my lower and upper jaws and my temples to try to relieve TMJ pain that I've suffered from for over 20 years. Even that isn't helping anything. Anyway, I'm trying not to go down the rabbit hole here. Please just know that it is possible to live a decent life, even with pain playing a role. Meditation does help me - more than anything that medical science has done for me for the last 40 some years. It's kinda mind over matter for me, else I'd be in a hospital for other reasons. I hope everyone finds relief from any aches and pains, and I hope we can all find a way to overcome it so we can find some joy and happiness in each day. <3

Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try. - Dennis DeYoung

"It is possible to turn poison into medicine." ~ Tina Turner

Remember we're all in this alone. ~ Lily Tomlin
speckofdust is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
jaklevco

Thanks for this!
jaklevco