View Single Post
Irid8
Newly Joined

Member Since Jan 2024
Default Jan 20, 2024 at 05:12 PM

Hello everyone
I am new here and lovely to meet you all.
I would like to raise a topic that has been annoying me since I was a child, loneliness. I have been very lonely as a child even, had very few friends which stayed with me only for maybe a year or two and then due to circumstances and life stages lost them . I have maybe during the pandemic was okay not having friends and enjoyed being a lonely wolf. But how healthy is that?

I do feel that whatever new friend I make after Covid, that friendship won’t last , I just feel they behave the wrong way for various reasons ( insult me usually) and they eventually ghost me. I know those are not healthy people and are very traumatised just like me and maybe that causes a lot of projections in the relationship.

I have some close friends and I am blessed for those one or two people that they can talk to me if I need to.

Think it’s impossible to meet new people after Covid however I don’t know what I must do. My work is solitary, I work from home and in the afternoon I will just go to the gym or the cinema. I have tried believe me, numerous times to invite people in my place and make dinner and in the end I feel like people just don’t want to talk or walk away( women, as I am a woman) . A male friend of mine is convinced they are jealous because I am very attractive to the other sex but I don’t want to believe that.

This loneliness made me feel so depressed that to battle my loneliness I adopted a puppy that I love so much and has covered that void somehow. I am also single. I am wondering if its me the problem because I am quite an introvert but I can also be cool and fun and loving. I always wanted to travel but what stopped me was doing that alone… now I have accepted that I might need to travel solo although its a bit of a challenge travelling to exotic destinations as I am a single young woman.
I am not sure what I must do . How can I meet other people with same interests and create some healthy friendships? Can this be done online ? Because in person it seems sooo difficult. Is it so difficult to make new friends on your 40ies?

Have you ever felt like this? Any advice would be really appreciated…thank you 🙏
Irid8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote