View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,629 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 21, 2024 at 03:48 AM

I do understand.... what I am trying to get at is you can change your perspective. A person's perspective does not need to be written in stone and permanent. We can shift our thoughts and therefore, our perspective. Perspective does not need to be dictated by circumstances - that sounds very defeatist.

You could be depressed? Have you considered that you could be suffering from depression? You are speaking like someone who feels defeated and depressed. Depression is like wearing a pair of tinted glasses that color everything in life negatively.

And it sounds like you are choosing not to live the unhealthy lifestyle that is common where you live. That's a positive. Perhaps these support groups that you've joined haven't been the right fit and haven't worked out for one reason or another, but does that mean you can't get any help at all? No. There are options. You just have to have the resources and the motivation to seek them out for yourself.

In life, we have to fight our own battles, be our own advocates, and fight for what we want. If you want to live a. better and happier life, you have to fight for it. You need to resolve the problems. And the first step in doing so is to identify what the problems are. From my viewpoint, it seems like you could be suffering depression and a darkened perspective coming from a depressed state of living. Isolation will also cause depression. We are naturally social creatures and need human connection to thrive and be happy.

I don't have all the answers... I am just throwing out some thoughts for consideration.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote