Member Since Jun 2013
14.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 23, 2024 at 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon09 View Post
Been incredibly frustrated lately.

I had my food stamps re-certification in December, I filled out my application and sent in all of the documents they requested. At the beginning of this month, I got a letter saying I was denied because "worker will process case/agency delay," which means they are just backed up and haven't gotten to my case yet. Three weeks into January and I still havent heard from them, and it's impossible to talk to anyone at the department of human services on the phone. I really need food stamps to eat, SSI does not pay enough for rent, bills, and food.

Just don't know what to do. The one time I managed to talk to someone in the food stamps office they told me that I submitted everything I was supposed to, and I just have to wait until a worker gets to my case. So I guess I just have to wait around, but it sucks.
Sorry you’re dealing with that, are there any food pantries nearby that can get you through until the process your paperwork? I’m fortunate to live in a location with lots of food pantries available for people. I’ve gone to them many times in the past. When I was working it made it a little easier to afford food because I was in control of most of my money but still the food stamps I get aren’t enough to cover my food budget because my sister expects me to only need the $194 budget from my Foodstamps for an entire month for food and nothing more. (She’s my SSI payee and only gives me a certain amount per month.

Anyway, long story short food pantries have been life savers when I run out of food. A lot of them have surprisingly good stuff too

Thanks for this!
Angelique67, falcon09