View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 25, 2024 at 02:07 PM

Nearly 180°, getting there. Taking a 2 part workshop on "Living your Question" at the Theosophical Society Library. It's intentionally in 2 parts to allow time to sit with the question for a few days.

My original question was "Where do I find my tribe?" But the question that's finding me began as, "How to craft an at ease life meaningful enough to live a long, healthy time?

This touches on the dramatic shift in 'meaning', meaning to both me and others, at this time of my retiring from my career. There's also the internal "meaning" that I've relied on to strive to make my life what I wanted, rather than falling into the culture's default, defeatism, depression, or drift. Managed that. Popped out the working side, so now how to motivate myself?

Related to this—I had a tendency to get manic, and part of that is continually fielding Big Hairy Audacious Goals for myself. Epic Goals. I'm the hero of a rare achievement goals. Did that, done that. Suffered from my unchecked manic surprise when they worked out! A lot.

So, with that backdrop, I'll try to get to an 8-word question:
A calm, long, healthy life? For me? 7 w

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote