ScarletPimpernel
Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2013
6,474 hugs
given
Default Jan 25, 2024 at 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaWhitney View Post
This is a lot to deal with, I hope the puppy will be ok!
It has always stood out to me how wonderful your relationship with L is. Of course it’s been disrupted and it’s no wonder you feel the way you do. Just wanted to say to remember to give yourself some credit for making it this far, and that you are nearly there ❤️❤️
I’d take it that she’ll be ready when she says. Assuming it’s a date of her return to work, just like any other type of leave there has to be a time frame on it, that’s all it is, otherwise it wouldn’t be a leave.
You're right. I did/do? have a wonderful relationship with L. I guess the fact that I am still holding on is evidence of that. We did make a good strong foundation for our relationship, and both of us haven't steered away from that. And she still goes beyond what is agreed upon: her emails are long emails, not short little paragraphs. I know there was/is a lot of good between us. And I guess I'm still holding hope. I think I'm just scared and hurting. I've never had someone leave (for good reasons) and come back. T came back from her maternity leave, but I didn't continue with her.

Good point about the definition of a leave. That there has to be an end date. I'll try to keep that in mind.

Hugs from:
AnaWhitney, ArtieTheSequal, LonesomeTonight, LostOnTheTrail