Community Support Team
Community Liaison
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,312 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 27, 2024 at 05:48 PM

@Pjones2051 I am sorry that you suffered through a divorce. I had one with no kids so that was still bad but kids must complicate it.

I had to stop assigning blame mostly to myself. No one wins the blame game. I regret actions I did but on looking back honestly I could not have done that much better in the place I was in.

Older children can easily get too busy in their lives. I do not count on that kind of thing happening even though I want the best for the daughter I am friends with now. I remember when I was there it was busy all the time and my partner was always doing things to take up more time. I never had enough time to do what needed to be done.

Hope you find some peace in your situation and start to let go of kids and ex as they are part of life that changes and has changed.

The question I started to ask myself in that situation is who am I now? What am I doing? What is the meaning of my life? I had to reinvent what I thought of myself and that was a long slow process but the only time to start is now.

All the best - CANDC

[If you want me to see your reply to this post please include @CANDC in your message - not in requoting my message]

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote