Member Since Nov 2013
6,447 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 27, 2024 at 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaWhitney View Post
Does anyone here have PTSD?
My psychologist tried to test me for it last week but i sabotaged the test 🙈 She called me out and made out like my avoidance was to stop myself from the re experiencing part of ptsd. which she suggested was the emotional reaction I would have when talking or being asked about a particular event. I always thought it had to be nightmares or flashbacks ?
Anyway I was not right afterwards, drank a lot of alcohol and
Possible trigger:

I saw my T the next day and she said ‘ I have not seen you like this in a long time ‘ because I was so on edge and just a mess. I couldn’t get it out in session but managed to put it in a message after that it’s because I was called out on the ptsd test and couldn’t cope because I do not have ptsd

Does anyone have ptsd from something that happened so long ago like in childhood? Without having flashbacks? I just get really messed up if I try and talk about it which is why I don’t. That could not count surely ?
I have PTSD from being neglected and mistreated in childhood. Like you, I didn't believe it. I just assumed I had a bad childhood. Like PTSD was for (what I considered) more extreme forms of trauma. My ex-pdoc diagnosed me with PTSD without us having any conversations about it. One day, I asked L if I did have it. We did an assessment together. In the end, she explained everything to me. I wish I remember how she labeled it and what qualified me, but I don't. But I do know that after her explaining all my symptoms to me, that I did have it.

I would do the assessment honestly and try to be open to the possibility. PTSD does not simply mean nightmares or flashbacks. It shows up differently for different people and different types of trauma.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
AnaWhitney, LonesomeTonight