Community Liaison
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,329 hugs
given
Default Jan 28, 2024 at 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjones2051 View Post
Thank you all for your replies. I appreciate it.
@CANDC you’re right , that I’m holding on to my kids and my life as it was , not as it is now . They have all moved away ( though I’m not sure they won’t come back from time to time between schools) and I wish we could keep everything the same and constant. They , of course, are aware we’ve had issues, and certainly know we separated for about 3 months last summer.

Thanks again
The empty nest is when the kids move away. It is very painful to me when I spend a huge chunk of my life dedicated to helping them grow and mature. And then they just disappear and may even feel like they want to get out of my sphere of influence. The good news is sometimes later in life they value how parents show them the different phases of life.

But divorce is another thing to deal with that is as or more painful. It was difficult for me to let go of the hope of reuniting with ex.

If you are interested, here are some support groups listed toward the end of this thread The Best Online Divorce Support Groups: A 2024 Guide – Forbes Health

Have a good day.

CANDC

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote