View Single Post
Pjones2051

Member Since Jan 2024
Default Jan 28, 2024 at 06:25 PM

@CANDC
I don’t know to be truthful. My wife and I had a long very unpleasant talk today for several hours. These conversations are always miserable for both of us. When I think about telling my kids about this, us separating or divorcing, even though they all live away, I feel sick and terrified , as I’ve said. I sometimes think , like today, that id rather live in our basement rather than have to tell them this and upset their applecart. I think my second child , aged 23, would have the hardest time with it, but of course , I’m not sure. And also, honestly as I’ve said, I am terrified how it might affect our relationship (I mean with any of my 3 kids). When my wife and I were separated for 10 weeks last year my oldest child , aged 24 at the time, told me her first priority was us having a healthy relationship regardless of the outcome of our separation at the time. I felt tremendously reassured and believed her, but the fear remains. Her partner’s parents were divorced when he was in middle school and so she, I’m sure , has a deep understanding what this was like for him. As far as I can tell her partner ( likely my future son in law) seems healthy , happy, and self-secured. He treats my daughter extraordinarily well and I can’t imagine he will ever make the mistakes I did. At least I hope not.
But to answer , I’m not sure what I’ll do next…just don’t know
I thank you for responded to me and reading all of these posts I placed today
Pjones2051 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
CANDC