View Single Post
Supergolfer12

Member Since Jan 2024
Default Jan 30, 2024 at 12:28 PM

@CANDC, thank you for your input. I understand where you are coming from. However, I can not be just the roommate. I have taken me time as I do attend the gym frequently and have gone on trips by myself. I just do not want to be a cash cow for her. She needs to be the self sustaining person she was. I was her biggest cheerleader up until the point she quit her full time job out of the blue. I cheered her on even after. However, we have been together for nearly seven years and I maintain a property where I resided before we met and only kept it as I had a friend who was living with me as he was going through a divorce as well. Unfortunately he passed away several years ago. I work longer hours so I do not have to go home. I volunteer for any work event that needs attended so I don't have to be around her. She does not take care of herself. I finally was able to get her to purchase health insurance through the marketplace (though I filled out the app). I know she is an alcoholic, but denies it though she goes through four bottles of vodka a week. My therapist told me that it is not my responsibility to care for her nor enable her to take these actions. I know she suffers from depression and goes days without showering. We have no common ground and when really didn't from the beginning. I am career driven and financially conscious. She is not. I must make the break as I have been slowly planning it for several years. Now it is a matter of finding the least harmful way to do it. So I am not necessarily looking for other people to make my decision but asking for advice on how to leave without imparting maximum damage. I know that I will not have regrets when I leave or look back and think I made a mistake. I know this is what must be done.
Supergolfer12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
CANDC, eskielover, TylerHolmes

Thanks for this!
TylerHolmes