nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,105 hugs
given
Confused Jan 30, 2024 at 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyBoots View Post
I think the addition of the "similar threads" portion at the bottom of the page (unless it's always been there? Never really paid attention) is at least partially to blame. I just scrolled down and there is a thread from 08 there and the most recent was '21.
Oh it’s always been there. Yes those links can be old but as long it’s open it’s fair game. Disco makes good points about both sides. It is sad to find pages and pages of unanswered threads. Yet someone can start a new thread on one of the subjects and everyone posts in it. I think it’s because it appears on the first page or second. That being said, it doesn’t take long for threads to fall into oblivion, once new threads appear in that forum.

Closing someone’s thread because it’s months old or a year is heavy handed.

But then they will start a new one if they know it’s closed. Asking the original poster is a good idea. If someone doesn’t want further replies that may come months later, they can ask for it to be closed. There are dozens of threads on the same topic, maybe in different forums though. That’s redundant to me. There’s multiple “check in” threads yet some move and others don’t.

The site in general isn’t nearly as busy anymore.

———
Posted directly on site using iPhone

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."