View Single Post
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,973 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Confused Jan 31, 2024 at 03:05 PM

Okay I wasn’t even sure about posting in THIS thread. There’s pros and cons to both reviving old threads or not. And everyone’s definition of “old” is different. I don’t think 6 months with no replies anymore is old.

If one puts “unanswered threads” in the search field, pages of threads come up, some years old. Maybe if someone started a thread in 2014 and nobody replied (or even if someone did) AND the op hasn’t even logged in since 2014, then maybe purge threads like that. But the downside is that other members could benefit if it is revived, interacting with one another….OR it could trigger.

If I see something I want to comment on, I post. I don’t notice dates, I focus on CONTENT. And I glance at the members in it. The date is too tiny for me anyway, especially on a tiny screen. I recently posted in a thread that at the time had no replies. The op was pleasantly surprised, saying they didn’t expect a reply. Others responded. Someone revived an old thread of mine from 7 years ago and it became active again. I didn’t mind but others probably did.

I’m glad I don’t have to make this decision, if one will be made. That’s my take on it, take it or leave it.

———
Posted directly on site using iPhone

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."

Hugs from:
TunedOut

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, Fuzzybear, Travelinglady, TunedOut