View Single Post
wheeler
Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2009
102 hugs
given
Default Feb 01, 2024 at 09:10 AM

I have been seeing my T for 7 years. During this time my T always took my insurance and I only paid my copay. She would bill insurance for $190/hr and they would reimburse her $130, which I know is normal when they contract with an insurance.

I now have new insurance and my T does not take it. I asked her if she would reduce my fee cause I would have to pay out of pocket, she said No, but she would only charge me what insurance pays, which is the $130. Which is too much for me to afford. Unfortunately this led to quite a rupture.

I found out my insurance will pay for out of network, but I have to pay a deductible first. So she sent me her ‘simple bill’ which is just is a text with the monthly total, which for January was 2 times at $130. However because I have to submit an ‘official’ bill she has to provide me with more info, diagnosis, treatment code….etc. When she sent this new bill back she was charging $190/hr.

I will be meeting with her today and of course I have to talk to her about this, and I am so afraid of the conversation. It just won’t end well.

I imagine that she will say that I will have to pay the difference between what my new insurance will reimburse me to her fee of $190.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel