seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 01, 2024 at 11:26 AM

Hey Deee,

I don't know all the specifics of your situation, so definitely take this with a grain of salt, and if it doesn't apply, then of course just ignore me.

I know as we get older it can feel like, with technology improving and "enhancing" life, as well as replacing our jobs, that it gets scary to think about what we could do in the future, so to speak. There's definitely a high possibility that your job could be dissolved and replaced by technology (although I'm so tired of customer support/service being replaced by technology. I don't want to talk to a bot, and the bot almost never helps).

It's happening a lot in my field and the way a lot of us have responded is to learn to use the new technology so we can be expert implementors of that technology rather than becoming obsolete ourselves.

So, in your case, I'd suggest doing some research in what the new roles will be in customer service/support and how people will be needed to interact with that technology, and what education/development you can do to prepare yourself to be valuable in the next role.

I hope this helps.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
DeeeSchmeee68