View Single Post
Supergolfer12

Member Since Jan 2024
Default Feb 07, 2024 at 10:48 AM

@Have Hope, thank you for the advice. I agree it does need to be like ripping a band aid off. However, I wasn't the one that actually asked her if she was happy. We were at dinner one evening and I was less than talkative, as I have been slowing withdrawing from the relationship for several years. She looked over at me and asked me if I was happy. I replied that I was not. I didn't go into great depths as we were in public. I asked her if she was happy and she said no. That is when I told her that I believed it was best for me to leave. That is when the crying started and manipulation began. This is when she claimed that I held all the power and could leave whenever I wanted with no responsibility.

She is right. I would have no responsibility. They are not my children, it is not my home, so on and so forth.

For the last six years, her ex (who makes a very good living, well over $400k yr) she complains because he won't pay for this or that for her girls. I tell her that you have an divorce decree that states that he is suppose to (and his wage increased vastly) and I told her to take him to court. Her excuse is that she does not believe in the court system.

I told her than she should not complain if she is not going to legally do anything about it. Her child supports could have went up and she could force him for all the school supplies, school travel and various other bills that the decree stated he was to pay. You know who paid for these things?????...... That's right.... me.

I am currently setting a time frame to make this move as I can no longer hearing how miserable her life is, and how she gave up a career because she always knew she wanted to be a mother. My mother and many other mothers work very hard to support their children. My mother and father are still married and love each other but my mother was the bread winner in the family and she worked very hard over 42 years. She was at every important event. I just can't listen any longer to her complain if she is not willing to step up and do what I have seen many parents do.
Supergolfer12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Have Hope