View Single Post
TunedOut
Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 09, 2024 at 04:14 PM

I have no answers for you other than hugs, prayers and that I have niece and nephew that were diagnosed with autism. I sometimes substitute in autistic classes and feel like much of what is provided is giving these parents a much needed break (this is an understatement) and the autistic kids are so varied. Also, I was committed once and have a loved one who has been committed multiple times. Both autism and mental illness require so much loving care to handle. I assume no two cases are exactly the same. Our schools and mental health institutions are overwhelmed. I rarely sub a full day in the autistic classes(but grab half day assignments more often) because the classes are tiring for me (it doesn't help that I am old). I also want to add that my stay in a mental institution did lead me to start seeking answers and begin understanding better why these things happened. One of the things that I did find out was the need to forgive myself for the things I had done and could not control. I continuing to learn how to cast my burdens upon the Savior who is able to help and provide peace. There are so many factors in this world that are beyond our control. Thank you for still trying. Never give up and glad you reached out here.
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady