Community Support Team
Community Liaison
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,312 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 10, 2024 at 02:10 PM

Hi @Gottix welcome to MSF. I am glad to hear you are pursuing education. That is admirable.

I think you have a good attitude except giving that dirty look to 2 classmates. You never know when someone will turn into a friend so be careful how you react. First impressions can be lasting ones.

Dances are nice in a way but I have had guys want to fight me at dances. There is a lot of testosterone when guys are around women and maybe drinking or getting high. I have learned to avoid those for that reason, but I outgrew that decades ago. Clubs can be a way to meeti people with similar interests and therei is a lot less passion and more communication in them than dances.

I am sorry your parents are nagging you. Sounds like it is best not to complain to them. Do you need to improve more in your courses, is that why they nag you?

The best advice if you are 18 is you are early in life and your perspective will change over time. I dropped out of school after the first year and started working because I had no idea what I wanted to do in life. I found it difficult to focus without a goal and I was very alone. Later I paid for my schooling on my own so that was a lesson too. My parents did not understand my decision but I suffered from depression and no one really knew how to deal with that back then. The most they could say was get over it. That is not helpful but this was long ago. The stigma of mental health was very big then, but still is in some places.

You may get more responses in the New Member Forum or some other forum in here https://mysupportforums.org/

If you want to chat more about this respond to this post or send me a private message by clicking on CANDC to the left of this message and Send A Private Message to CANDC in drop down menu.

With Kind Regards,
CANDC

[If you want me to see your reply to this post please include @CANDC in your message - not in requoting my message]

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated