Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,205 hugs
given
Default Feb 13, 2024 at 01:31 AM

Pls see my responses in line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvyrself View Post
I have had huge problems with short attempts at using Latuda and Risperdone. My mom couldn't tolerate serroquel. That's why I don't want to hear about anti-psychotics right now. I may ask later.
I absolutely hate Risperidone. To me, it was the worst medication ever. Latuda was OK but caused sexual side effects and some EPS. I am glad I am off of it.

Do not rule out antipsychotics based on two isolated cases. You can go back to the drawing board with APs later. There are so many things you have not tried. Our reactions to medications are so idiosyncratic, and slightly different medications can cause a vastly different response. For instance, I am doing well on Geodon which is Latuda's older cousin, and Geodon does not cause sexual side effects at all while Latuda killed my libido. Even though the medications are related and even though libido side effects are not common with Latuda, for me Latuda was very bad, but Geodon is good. At any rate, you do not want to consider them now and I am just mentioning it so that if you return to the subject matter later, you know you still have lots of options.

Quote:
I may have to go back to Lithium-hope not, makes me so gassy. Embarrassing!
Lithium killed my thyroid function for life. Ultimately it was ineffective and it has been years since I stopped it, but my thyroid function has not returned. I need to be on Levoxyl, taking it daily. I wish I had known about it when I asked to be put on Lithium in 2009. I would not have started this medication had I know of such sequelae and, it happens often on Lithium. So definitely something to keep in mind. I did not know that Lithium can cause gassiness. I can only imagine how embarrassed this makes you feel. I would stop Lithium if it gave me an embarrassing side effect. So I am totally with you.

Quote:
Don't want Depakote because it can cause weight gain. I gained 40 pounds from covid isolating-afraid to go to water aerobics for a couple years. We really need aerobic exercise because it's vital even with medication.
I gained a ton of weight on Depakote. It is one of the worst offenders in the weight gain department.

I am not clear about "aerobic exercise being vital even with medication". Isn't vital especially when on medication? I hope you were able to go back to water aerobics. By the way, water aerobics is also a little bit like strength training thanks to the resistance of the water against our muscles. So you are killing two birds at once.

Quote:
May consider Lamictal, but Im so busy that I could actually miss the rash and get in trouble before I needed to go off it.
Can you tie the habit of checking for possible rash to the existing habit of brushing your teeth?

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg
Lybalvi 5 mg as a PRN

Gabapentin 1200 mg, Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity

Suspected narcolepsy

Treated with Ritalin 5mg
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote