View Single Post
MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
4,851 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 14, 2024 at 03:05 PM

ugh will most likely not have any sort of "non-homeless shelter" shelter for like 3-6 months.

I slept brilliantly my first night there...when all my money, clothes, food, phone, wallet, etc. was in my car at S's or in S's apartment (safe neighborhood and the douche isn't a thief). Now it's in my car in a parking garage or in my backpack in a lockbox at the shelter.

I'm trying to sell my ski gear for a good deal or trade it for some winter camping supplies (need a new camping stove and fuel, could use a new sleeping pad but I won't get upset if I can't afford one). Being in a shelter is 1000000% better than what I was doing, but it still sucks because they expect you to be a lazy fk and you HAVE to be in bed until 6AM. I've been up since 2AM the past two nights. So, yeah, four hours of meditating on the top bunk while listening to others snore like bears is fantastic when I could be in the woods enjoying the stars.

I told my friend my plan to just stay at a campground until the wait for an apartment is over (I'm on like 6 waiting lists right now varying from 2-36 months and have four applications in the mail, including one for a place that's supposed to be something like emergency transitional rent-assisted housing for homeless women). She didn't like it. Said I needed more support than that. Idk what support I'm getting now that I can't get if I do it.