TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,879 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 16, 2024 at 07:45 AM

Hello and welcome to MSF!

Dating and romantic relationships, actually any relationships can often be very confusing. Some people give mixed messages, run hot and cold. This is especially true of new dating partners who are people having conflicted feelings themselves. The ones who do it without regard to your feelings are not good partners, so it’s for the best the relationship ends.

People tend to just callously ghost others these days. It’s not kind, but it seems to be the socially acceptable trend.

This guy you briefly dated gave you mixed messages then ghosted you. It does hurt. It does play with your emotions and I’m sorry it happened. I don’t know if he thought you did anything that prompted him to run from hot to cold, or if it was just him being conflicted having nothing to do with you. You don’t really know much about him to determine.

It was a red flag when he cut the date short saying he was tired. That’s very strange. Did something happen just before that which might have prompted it?

There’s a difference between ghosting and going no contact. With your ex who was abusive, you did the right thing to end contact. That wasn’t ghosting, it was self protection. You tried to enforce your boundaries, they refused to respect you, you ended the relationship. Sometimes the only way to end the relationship is to cut off contact and go silent.

Thanks for this!
Tart Cherry Jam