View Single Post
Msmc44

Member Since Feb 2024
Default Feb 18, 2024 at 11:55 PM

52 years old. I've been taking lexapro for 20+ years. The older I get the worse the sexual side effects are. So I take lexapro vacations. I am usually good for 5 days. But if I get to day 6 without taking it, then look out. Anger outbursts like you wouldn't believe. Body aches, insomnia, suicidal thoughts, and feeling like I am in a fish bowl. I really want to be off of lexapro so I can enjoy the bedroom a little bit more with my wife. However the lexapro works like a charm (except for the weight gain and sexual side effects) when I am on it. My doctor and I have tried all the different meds. Everything from trintellix, Prozac, zoloft, Paxil, Celexa, Luvox, etc. I already take wellbutrin and Lamictal as well. None of my other meds give me sexual side effects except the lexapro. Do I have keep having them prescribe different meds until i find the right one? Or do I have them ween me off of it? I just hate trying different meds because the lexapro withdrawal sucks. Even if I am weened off for a couple of weeks. I wish there was a physical test they could give me to see what med does and does not cause sexual side effects. 🤣 People have asked me, don't the positives of lexapro outweigh the negative sexual side effects? The answer is a resounding no! When i am off of the lexapro I feel sexually alive again. People say take the little blue pill. I don't have ED. No issues there. I just have trouble climaxing. I dont even remotely come close. It doesnt matter if i go without it for 3 months. Same thing. Any one have any suggestions? Just beyond frustrating

Last edited by bluekoi; Feb 19, 2024 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: Move to own thread.
Msmc44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Tart Cherry Jam